Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Lord is My Shepherd; I Shall Not Be in Want


Our Gospel reading in John 10:11-18 begs the question: What does it mean to be a sheep of Jesus' flock?

It means that we enter through his gate.

It means Jesus is the way to salvation.

It means we know his voice and follow him.

It means He cares for us, and is keeping us safe.

And when we wander away, which we know we do all too often, He comes searching for us.
 
…And there will be "one flock, one shepherd" and it is God, in Jesus Christ, through the Holy SpiritJohn 10:11-18

1 comment:

  1. Often, if I sit down, shut-up, and be still I come to realize that being a sheep-in-Jesus is quite natural, my nature actually.

    "A fish cannot drown in water,
    A bird does not fall in air.
    In the fire of creation,
    Gold doesn't vanish:
    The fire brightens.
    Each creature God made
    Must live in its own true nature;
    How could I resist my nature,
    That lives for oneness with God?"
    --Mechthild of Magdeburg

    "I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father."

    ReplyDelete